You hear a lot about the importance of family dentistry. In a way, it is easy to assume that everyone understands why regular visits to your dentist is important, but perhaps that is a mistake? Perhaps we do need to keep reminding people about the factors involved in oral health and some of the downsides if you are not looking after your teeth and gums effectively.
In this article we remind ourselves of ten of the pros (or positives) for family dentistry.
Ten reasons why you should visit your dentist
Wondering if you really need to be spending money taking your family to the dentist? Here are ten reasons why you should:
1. Your teeth are one of your most important assets. Everyone wants that Hollywood smile of straight and white teeth. Your dentist can help you achieve that.
2. If you get your family in the habit of going to the dentist regularly this will stand them in good stead in later life and save you money as you avoid expensive dental treatments for your children.
3. Identifying problems early means that they can be treated more easily. If you are a smoker, whether it be cigars, cigarettes or the new vaporizers and e-cigs, you may have many problems occurring with gums and staining of teeth.
4. Your dentist can keep a record of the appearance and condition of your teeth – any changes over time might be an indicator of something that needs to be looked at, so potential problems are identified quicker. For example, regular x-rays can help to identify cavities in your teeth.
5. Even if you brush and floss regularly, you will still have areas that you wonâ€™t be able to reach – your dentist can help you professionally clean your teeth to ensure good oral hygiene and healthy teeth and gums.
6. Regular check-ups mean that they will be quick and easier – the longer you leave it between visits the more uncomfortable they are going to be.
7. Dental clinics have evolved considerably over time – they are no longer scary places with drills and needles. Most dental procedures are relatively painless and can be done quickly and efficiently.
8. Your visit to the dentist doesnâ€™t need to be expensive – often your teeth will be cleaned and polished by a dental hygienist so the fees that you need to pay will be less than if you had been seen by a dentist.
9. Think of going to the dentist as like going to the gym – it is just something that you need to fit into your day somehow even if there are lots of other things that you would prefer to be doing.
10. Sitting in the dentist chair is one of those few moments in your busy life when there is nothing that you can do except sit there.Everything else has to wait.
The value of family dentistry
Family dentistry should be seen as one of those valuable resources that is helping you and http://www.shamblottfamilydentistry.com/10-reasonsÂ your family stay healthy and get the most out of your lives. Your health is an investment that you need to keep working at.
Look at your health insurance
Many health insurance policies these days will cover some elements of your dentistry requirements – it could be a certain number of check-ups per year or it might be some of the basic treatments and procedures. Check out the small print of your health insurance and see what is covered.
Ensuring that family dentistry is a core part of your health and wellness framework means that not only will you have healthy teeth and gums, but that you are well equipped for a happy and healthy life ahead.